Well fancy that no post for nearly a month and then two come along almost at once!
These four canvases are an amalgamation of three different projects that individually weren't working, but take them apart and reuse the various bits and voila!
I'd made the the four ATC's ages ago from mount board that was painted and distressed and stamped with perhaps one of my most fave stamps from PaperArtsy in grey archival. I had intended putting them on an A4 canvas, but you know they just didn't look right, so they ended up on that "um" pile.
And then I made the pink moths (PaperArtsy again) for another project that again just didn't look right, so they ended up on the "um" pile.
Anyways, the other week we went to the garden centre and I was mooching round the bargain books bit and spied these A6 size canvases - good price, can never have enough canvases knocking around for that moment of inspiration.
So last weekend I painted four of them in a light grey paint, put some crackle glaze over the top and then over painted in a dark grey, added a few dry brush bits of pale blue, rubbed bits back to the pale grey with a a wet wipe and there they sat on my work desk till this Sunday.
This Sunday, I knew I wanted to add a bit more texture so used a big background text stamp from PaperArtsy (the Blackie book one) in mushroom and then weathered wood distress embossing powder over some Tim text stamps and a postcard stamp.
Edged the ATC's with some old silver inka paint, glued on with my trusty glue gun and then thought - they need something else ... tum-te-tum MOTHS!
So rubbed back the pink moths to the silver, spread some dark grey paint over the top waited a bit and wiped the excess off, did a bit more sanding, bent the wings and glued them on. Finally edged the canvases in tissue tape and rubbed over some dark slate ink.
I'm pleased with them and I think they'll compliment hubby's fishes (see previous post) top and bottom in the place we've identified to hang that canvas.
But I think I do now need to move away from the blue paints and inks and try another colour combination - possible pinks seeing as I purchased a number of pink fresco paints from LB Crafts on Saturday!