So, I had a big tidy up last weekend in the craft room, there was stuff EVERYWHERE and frankly I hate having stuff everywhere on every surface whether its on my desk at work, the kitchen, the dining room or my craft room. I find I can think clearly and feel overwhelmed if there is stuff everywhere (stuff everywhere get me down - can you tell!)
So I chucked out some stuff, re-arranged some stuff in the wardrobes in my craft room and put a lot of stuff away in this wardrobes (I just need to remember where I've put everything now).
But I still hoard "bits of paper" you know what I mean , those small (tiny slivers I can chuck) bits that just might be useful. I have a whole box of plastic food bags (thank you IKEA) that contain coloured themed cut into sheets of 12x12 papers all ready for a "project".
Except I get new 12x12's out and use those instead on the next project.
So I had an idea, not an original idea but a good idea on how to use those scraps. ATC's. Lots and lots of ATCs using up all those bits and quick enough (ummm that bit might not be true in reality, but I try) to get a a crafty fix in my full throttle life.
But then what would I do with all the ATCS, just have them lying around making more stuff lying about everywhere????
What to put them in? A BOOK of course, I could make a book with some of the scraps and use even more stuff.
So that's what a I did.
I had a load of long thin envelopes bought in a sale that I'd never used because I don't really make cards anymore. But folded in half they were just the right size to have an ATC stuck on them.
I'd bought some JoFy stamps ages ago and hadn't really used them (I struggle with painting in the lines if I'm honest, more of a slap it on grungy shabby kinda girl). So took some Chatwsworth card (I just love the weight of this card, so strong) and painted in a dark grey as a base layer. Crackle Glaze and then Chalk over that. I wanted a shabby seaside look on the cover so used the Vaseline technique to act as a resist for some blue and red streaks.
Stamped in Black Archival and carefully coloured in with water colour pencils.
I lined the inside with a piece of that scrap.
I looked up the tutorial on 5 hole pamphlet binding and bound the folded envelopes tot he cover with some strong thin twine.
Two big brads to act as closures and it was done.
So far Ive made two ATC's as you can see. I painted the "page" and added a background stamp and then stuck the ATC in.
There are still loads of scraps and envelopes to be used. But I reckon Ive found a solution.