Sunday 24 June 2012

Mocha,Chocolate, Butterscotch, Caramel or Hazlenut???

Well things aren't too bad here on the ranch, perhaps that should be prairie as Mr trusty beast of a lawnmower has decided that enough is enough and he doesn't want to play anymore until he's had some TLC and new parts.  This means that the lawn hasn't been mown in a fortnight  and with all the rain its getting so long it's a job to see the cats lying down it!  I know the simple answer is to borrow one but the other half has had man flu all week which has meant he has had to stay in bed or on the sofa nursing and perfecting his cough (I could never be a nurse, no tolerance or sympathy at all).

So a touch of brown eh for Simon Says Stamp and Show?  Well after going on a stash spending trip last weekend with Lin and Karen at the the lovely Stamp Attic I bought more Prima Flowers. 

I know I have a gazillion already, but they just winked at me in that you know you want to buy me way and just I cannot resist.  In the original excessive collection of flowers are some brown ones, so in an effort to actually use some and reduce the size of stash (Chelsea Flower Show has nothing on me in terms of flowers). I though I'd base whatever I made around flowers  - lots of them.

Back to old trusty 8x8 this week and a piece of brown core-dinations card.  I sponged on some Fresco Finish French Roast, sanded that a little bit and then added some Chocolate Pudding through a flower stencil. Some more sanding and then Inka Gold through another stencil to give the tiny gold squares (bit sort of Klimt like if you know what I mean).  Heavier sanding along the edges and finally some swirls in Coffee Archival. 

You can't see most of this, but I know it's there and ~I think it adds texture and depth to the background and more importantly I enjoyed doing it!

I cut some old brown paper with the Vintage Cabinet die and added thin layers watered down French Roast over it.  Embossed it in a swirly folder and added Gathered Twigs Distress Stain over the top to highlight the raised embossing. Finally some text stamp in Picket Fence Distress Stain.

The tag was originally Kraft card which was painted in Chocolate Pudding, some Crackle Glaze over that, a top layer of  Irish Cream and then a watered down wash of French Roast over that.  Some flower stencilling and finally some stamping and embossing (the crackle layer looked superb but you can't see it now as I've covered it up with the stamping and embossing!).

Layered it all up with some corrugated card, ribbon, buttons and of course lots of flowers!

Hugs

jo
xx

13 comments:

  1. This is completely gorgeous, I love those flowers - you can never have too many!! Lucky you going spending at the Stamp Attic and with Lin and Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, SO gorgeous!!! I love how you incorporate lots of different textures in your pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...superb work Jo a delight to look at, super colours and the flowers bring a smile on this dreery day...& men just want to be pampered from the minute they're born!...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great piece, love all the flowers. Thanks for joining in this weeks Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh a paint-flower fest. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never mind the flowers, will you just look at all those textures in the background! Fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out gorgeous Jo. See, we said a girl can never have too many Prima flowers!!

    Lin x

    ReplyDelete
  8. ADORABLE...love all the flowers on your piece...really lovely ....

    I am also joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge, my Creation is number 181, would you mind to see it on my blog?Many thanks before :) hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh! I'm fond of a bit of Klimt and I'm fond of this too! Fab job sweetie and I like how you're using up your 'floristry' of flowers (new word... I like it!) I love your 8x8 work and this might just be a new favourite! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!