Well it's been a bit like the plague house here in the Shires, both John and I have had stinkin colds, he's had his for over a fortnight and finally went to the Docters on Friday to be diagnosed with bronchitis and still running a temperature! Me, well I've had lots of coughing, wheezing and varaible vocal changes. I have two presentations to give on Tuesday and seeing as the lady on the cheese counter at Sainsburys couldn't understand me today it could an interesting experience.
I started working on this yesterday, all the "bits" (well fabric) had been laying on my workdesk all week to be honest but just didn't have the energy to play. I really enjoyed reading about Fran.tage in the July Craft Stamper and having purchased some delights at The Stamp Attic I was keen to give it a go.
I started off with a chipboard flower which I painted in Fresco Finish paints in French Roast, Chocolate Pudding and Irish Cream. Whilst the top layer of paint was still wet I sprinkled on some Stampendous Aged Ivory embossing powder, Some Nutmeg embossing powder and some Antique Photo Distress embossing powder. I then had to carefully heat it all to get it to melt - now that was a fun experience.
After I'd added some more embossing powders as my long cylinder heatgun blew it away first time (and second) I managed to get it to melt and bubble ( I ended up doing it quite high and from underneath as well - me thinks I need a new heat gun). I then used some glossy accents to add some crushed up Stampendous Tarnished mica flakes.
I am SERIOUSLY liking this stuff and want MORE.
A metal flower and snap fastner coloured with alcohol ink added to the centre. The stem was a peice of florist wire covered in tissue tape.
As per usual there are lots of layers all stiched on. From the bottom up we have:
- a peice of frayed linen
- a peice of book text inked in Brushed Cordory Distress Ink and Picket Fence Distress Stain. A Swirl inked in Coffee Artchival and some Antique Photo Distress Embossing powder
- a small peice of PaperArtsy Crunchy Waxed Kraft Paper stamped and scrunched.
- a peice of off white cotton
- a peice of frayed hessian
An oblong of Kraft card was inked in Frayed Burlap and Brushed Cordorouy, cut with a die to give the perforated page hole on the left look. A ledger stamp stamped in Coffee Archival and Antique Photo Distress Embossing Powder.
Some more fabric and ribbon across this and some lace and ribbon top left. I then decided to hand sew an awful lot of buttons, beads and pearls on (well I say an awful lot, not really but you know what I mean).
Everything was stuck onto a lovely painted and distressed IKEA frame.
So that's what I created in between coughing and sleeping and blowing my nose and coughing and drinking like a teetotal fish. I really enjoyed the hand sewing and think I'd like to do more, perhaps on a bigger scale ....