Thursday, 18 October 2012

Autumn Fire

Brrr, it's getting mighty chilly here in the Shires - have you got the heating on yet 'cos we certainly have (although I am enjoying settling down under one of the many blankets purchased or crocheted by moi in the evenings and the cats quite enjoy it as well)

I've not been at work this week, haven't been away just acting as nursemaid for my quite frankly very poorly husband - who'd have thought adults could get whooping cough and did you know how noisy it is and how it can make you faint and be sick?  Hum no nor did I but it does, hence nursemaid role (not a natural role for me and I'm having to employ all my actor skills to do the role justice)

Anyway in between nurse duties I've been working on this. 

I made a card for my niece a little while back that used oranges,browns, golds and reds in a bit of Klimt style, I really liked it and thought I'd use the same colour scheme and make something for me. It didn't quite turn out the same but I like it!

The frame was painted in nearly all the oranges and yellows in the PaperArtsy Fresco range with some Inca Gold on top and stamped with a crackle stamp in Archival Monarch Orange.

The background card was painted with numerous layers of the same oranges, yellows and red from PaperArtsy.  Some Gold embossing powder was sprinkled on in places before the paint dried and that gives the lovely raised texture in places.  The harlequin stencil was used with with London Bus and Cinnamon and some of the Sapphire Treasure Gold (believe the hype ladies and gentleman it really is fab). One of my new ATC sized text stamps from PaperArtsy was stamped in the Monarch Orange and finally more Sapphire and Topaz Treasure Gold in places, edges distressed and some trusty Walnut Ink to add age.  Some fabric and stitching to add a bit more texture and colour.

The smaller tag was painted in a mixture of London Bus and Cinnamon and then Butternut Squash over the top.  edges rubbed back to reveal the base coat.  The same text stamp was used but this time in Sienna and then some Glimmer Mist in Turquoise, Suede and Tiger Lily.  The Tiger Lily is the big copper splodges, the nozzle was blocked so I just took the dropper out of the bottle and pumped what was in the pipe.  It falls out of the bottom in big splodges and when I dried it a bit too close it bubbled up a bit. Happy accident but I love it! 

The red dahlia print is an image transfer of my one of my photographs using the Satin Glaze technique from PaperArtsy.  I've sewn it on some felt to give it a bit more stability.

The flowers were a scrap of paper cut using the Tim Holtz  Tattered Florals Strip Die, inked with Barn Door, sprayed with the same Glimmer Mists and Perfect Pearls in Heirloom Gold and a brad in the middle. 

So it's taken me nearly all week to finish, but it has been nice to do something, go away to be nurse and come back do a bit more.  I like how it's sort of organically grown into this thing of beauty!

Right off to check the patient!

hugs
jo
xx


4 comments:

  1. I would make a lousy nurse, so I applaud you! Love that you have managed to create this beautiful art at the same time, it is gorgeous! Hope you both recover soon now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rusty gorgeousness of this. I would make a terrible nurse too, so well done you, hope your hubby recovers very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really gorgeous piece, love all the textures pubhave created! Trace x.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!