Tuesday 23 October 2012

fabric 'an fibres

Evening all, just a quickie tonight to share the weekend project.

Saturday and Sunday saw me giving my sewing machine a real good workout creating this.  I've said it before and I'll say it again fabric is my true first crafting love and it was great to get all my fibres and fabrics out and just well - play frankly.


I knew I wanted to start with felt oblongs to act as a base and then start using lots of merino wool, silk throwers waste, sari silk, metallic thread and variegated thread to make lots of layers.  It was really fun just layers down bits and bobs and sewing backwards and forwards to secure it all on the felt.  There is also a bit of stencilling and spraying with Glimmer Mists.

On Sunday I raided the "small" fabric stash to look for co-ordinated fabric to make some flowers.  I painted the back of the fabric with PVA to stiffen it slightly, let that dry and then cranked out some flower shapes (there was a lot of cranking to get through the fabric).

Right off to sort tea out and flick through a lovely new quilt book that arrived this morning - perhaps I'll use some of the stash making a quilt!

hugs
jo







3 comments:

  1. Jo that is simply gorgeous!! It looked pretty fabulous before you added the flowers, but they are so right for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that is stunning, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!