I then added sand texture paste on the bottom half, really roughly making sure there were lines running through it to add more texture. Once this was dry I painted in Elephant and Concrete Fresco paint. Some think heavy lines of gesso, a crackle stamp in Watering Can Archival and Elephant through a flower stencil.
It sat like this for a couple of days, whilst I thought about how I wanted to finish it off.
I'd chosen a photo, a colour one and rummaged in the stash and found chipboard flowers, Prima flowers lace, ribbon, trims, buttons and embossed white card. I kept moving things around deciding whether I liked the layout.
Last night I added some new lens and film to my Hipstamatic app that gives a tinotype effect and this morning in the rain I took some shots of the garden and there it was the proper photo I should be using of the white buddleia.
I furthered sanded the photo to distress it and then started sticking and stitching.
I'm pleased and the husband likes it as well.