As a result of their return I've finally made "something" Its taken me a few weeks with all the various elements and other demands like work and garden, but yep, here is some art.
Dried it, more scrunching, more ink, more drying, some Chalk paint in a thin wash and finally some stamping in blue and grey Archival.
I then tore this 12x12" into 2x3" rectangles and distressed the edges.
The background is a 5x7" rectangle of Kraft card that had Vintage Lace smeared on it. A dot stamp in grey Archival, followed by the number stamp in grey archival.This was sanded and then a final thin layer of Vintage lace. At the bottom I glued a scrap of text paper and added some Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Distressed the edges and added some Broken China Distress Ink.
Stapled the original 2x3" into an irregular layered shape and added a thin layer Of Grunge Paste on the central one. When it was partially dry I added some dots with a fine tipped embossing tool to give a pitted look. Dried off the Grunge Paste and painted a tiny amount of watered down Toffee paint to give a wash over the white and some black in the pitted holes and finally stamped one of my favourite mini PaperArtsy stamps in grey Archival.
A little bit of extra highlights were added with water colour pencils and finally some scribbles with with an standard HB pencil.
It feels good to be back.