Its been so lovely here in the UK over the past week or so that I've taken every opportunity to be out in the garden, either just soaking it up, painting or in this case painting. One Saturday morning I just chose some brights (Cheesecake, Tango, Blood Orange) , some A4 Kraft card, an old credit card and started slapping some paint down. didn't know where it was going, but that was OK because I was just enjoying "doing"
Added some stamping (dots text and numbers)and my oh my the two pieces of Kraft card started to turned out rather well.
I added some stencilling and cut the card into quarters.
In-between drying I nipped up to the craft room to start thinking about what to put on this base card. I'd printed out a load of photos and one of a scallop shell fitted the colour scheme rather well.
I wanted something in-between to lift the photo from the background so it needed to be something "neutral" to act as a contrast.
Fabric. A different texture but I wanted it to be "stiff" not "soft" a bit flotsam and jetsam washed up on the shore as the scallop shell. What if I thought I soaked some muslin in thinned out Grunge Paste to act like plaster and let it dry?
It worked, in fact it worked a treat. I added some thinned Toffee, glued on a paper scrap and stapled the whole piece to the background with my rusty staples. Stuck the scallop shell image and edged in red pencil. Which I also added to the background along with yellow pencil scribbles as well.
I left it like this for a while, but I thought it need to be lifted some more. So took some of my scrunched up and Distress Inked Kraft card, ironing it flat and scraped some Snowflake over the top adding in some lines here and there for texture. I was so tempted to stamp over this but said NO LEAVE IT ALONE!
Distressed the edges bit of Snowflake and some Black Soot Distressing ink and done.
Messy, grungy, distressed and textured. Just how I like it!