Monday 2 January 2012

Anything Goes

It's the last but one day of my Christmas hols and I've just about got into a new routine as a lady of somewhat leisure - work really does get in the way!

One of my "to do's" this hols was to catch up on my blogs and this morning I finally managed to get the list down to 30 posts (it had been over the 500 mark - whoops).  What it does mean is I can again start looking at and taking part in challenges.

I really like challenges they give a focus to my crafting, they REALLY help when the old mojo has gone for a wander and I get to to browse around other peoples work and sometime nice people leave me comments (thank you lovely crafty people)

So since I started the calendar challenge and I'm putting mine in a 12x12 scrap book I needed something for the opening page in order to keep the double spread layout.  I had thought about doing a page listing my goals for this year (notice goals not resolutions) and then I read Hels blog for Sunday Stamper Week 186 which because her mojo has gone walkabout (there should be a missing mojo service where you could post a description and mojo investigators would go out and fine those missing mojo's)  she's extended last week's theme which was "anything"

This is my interpretation - a positive life affirming kick up the bum when I feeling sorry for myself, girl power, invincible, no excuses, putting me first, grab life kinda a page!

I sprayed lettuce colourwash and sour apple perfect pearls over a sheet of white 12x12 and blotted of the excess.  Rubbed some Evergreen Bough Distress Ink through some sequin mesh and stamped the frame in French Ultramarine and the quote in Blue Violet Archival Ink (these were a recent purchase and I LOVE the colours, can see me using these more) and the wings in Evergreen Bough distress Ink.

The tag was made using Mustard Seed and Broken China Distress Ink with some Dried Marigold Distress Ink on the edges.  the ledger stamp was stamped in French Ultramarine Archival and the flourish in Blue Violet Archival. 

I stamped the words on top with Blue Violet Archival.Glued then some staples added.

Some scrap bits of card layered up for the tag to sit on and job done!

I have made goals for this year (part of that doing lists thing) and one of those is to think about the word I want to use to focus life on this year.  Ali Edwards does this and for the past couple of years I've chosen a word.  The first year was ME, last year was SIMPLIFY and this year is LIVE.  Each one builds on the other and yes I admit they are all selfish as they focus on me and what I want to do, but actually doing that makes me a happy sane bunny and that it is a good thing. 

So in order to live this year this is what I intend to do:
  • give my hobbies time 
  • go and look at art
  • include exercise in my live
  • go and explore places I've never been to
  • do things I want to do
  • fill my life with memories
  • laugh and have fun everyday
  • spend time with the people I love and care for
OK Oprah moment over and I leave you with the above photo - see even the cat wants to see what I create (actually he was after the cushion to sit on in the sun).

hugs

jo
xx

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous page Jo... loving the sentiment... too true! Happy New Year hun... thanks for joining in with the SUnday STamper and ALfieCat said a big meow to puss-puss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this whole post - thinking of those goals and the words you've chosen is really interesting... Think time for reflection is really important and so I can see how these words build into a framework as the years pass... Off to be a bit of reflection myself! Much New Year love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that's some goals to work for. but... you CAN do anything! you can even make some gorgeous pages like this one ;)
    off to check the rest of your blog, 'cause reading this makes me think i missed something... like a callendat challenge? :)))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!