Time, I've had quite a lot of it since late December, what with the Christmas and New Year break and then the first couple of weeks in January on jury service (interesting, very interesting). But to be honest I'm beginning to go a bit stir crazy stuck at home and I'm actually looking forward to going back to work (I'll change my tune approximately Wednesday or Thursday next week).
Hels Sunday Stamper challenge this week is Time, so "time" to get all the clock stamps out!
I started with an A4 canvas board and painted PaperArtsy Fresco paint in chocolate pudding all over. Added a layer of PaperArtsy crackle paint and then topped that with some watered down white acrylic with a small spot of Fresco Haystack to give a creamy top coat. Rubbed back the edges of the board to expose some of the brown.
Added some Walnut Distress Stain over the top in places and added some streaks of Fresco London Bus with a small smidgen of Eggplant mixed in to take the brightness down a bit.
Then I started stamping, I used a Brown Timber Stazon to stamp the tape measure (Clock plates 5 from PaperArtsy) and Cherry Red Stazon to do the watches stamp (Clocks plate 4 from PaperArtsy). Some of the watches had Fired Brick Distress Embossing Powder on top to add a bit of texture.
The tag had Distress Stain in Burlap, Weathered Wood, Picket Fence, I then stamped the square collage stamp from Clocks Plate 2 in Coffee Archival.
Over the top of that I added some Fired Brick Distress Stain and then stamped random clocks from all the clock plates in Cherry Red Stazon. Edged in Walnut stain Distress Ink.
Cut the Weathered Clock form two layers of Grunge Paper and inked over with Black Soot and Fired Brick Distress Stain. Stuck it on top of a circle of acetate old packaging and added the hands.
I love my flying clocks! Wings cut from old book text using the Heart Wings die, the Rosettes were cut from a sheet of Lost and Found and a clock face added on top made from card inked in Burlap, Fired Brick and Picket Fence with lots of water flicked on.
So once I made all the elements I needed to stick them down, I wanted some height and I was layering certain elements so I knew I'd be using the glue gun. All was going well until I dropped once of the flying clocks and got hot glue all over my fingers.
Ouch, ouch, lots of screaming and shouting, plunge hands in cold water, ouch. It is fair to say, it really REALLY hurt.
So this morning I had a little trip to A&E as the large burn on my finger was still weeping. The nice nurse dressed it for me and I've now got to check whether I need a tetanus booster (yuck). Was worth it though as I really like what I created.
I carry my craft battle wounds with pride, I just need to be less clumsy when using the hot glue gun. :)