Saturday 14 April 2012

Blue Numbers

Considering I've had a week off, tell me why has it taken me till Saturday to make and submit my entry for Hels Sunday Stamper Challenge?  As ever last minute Nellie that's me!

So the theme was numbers to celebrate 200 challenges, I pulled out all my stuff in relation to numbers and selected some blue card (well I say selected, really it was a sheet of 12x12 lying on the sofa in the craft room that I just happened to pick up rather than go through the stash).


Cut the 12x12 down to 8x8 and used the off cuts to cut the tags and the embossed background.  I used South Pacific Fresco Finish paint all over and then stencilled in Pea Coat and went over the top bumping a bit to give the shadow in Ice Blue. Plus a bit of sequin waste with Pea Coat as well.

The embossed oblong was first painted in a mixture of Baltic Blue and Ice Blue, embossed and then sanded a bit heavier over the large numbers which were then inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  the edges were more roughly dome to expose the pale blue of the card.

The clock is grunge paper inked in Baltic Blue and then Weathered Wood Distress Embossing powder added, not all over to add to the distressed look.
 
The large tag was painted in South Pacific and then Baltic Blue dry brushed over and then it was sanded as well. The PaperArtsy number stamp was stamped in white ink.  Edges roughed up and Walnut Stain Distress Ink added.

The small tag was painted in Ice Blue and South Pacific, sanded and Pea Coat stencilled over that.  A sanding to flatten the paint ands remove some of it and the Tim Holtz quotation added in black and embossed.  Some Prima flowers and Craftworks Card Candi added in the centres. You can also see some silvery blue Stickles on them as well.  This was an experiment for the centres but it didn't really work so I painted some white Candi blue to match the flowers but there were still bits of Stickles around.  In hindsight I'd rather have just gone with the Candi but they sort of match the silvery pale blue ribbon at the top, so reasonably happy.

So a big thank you to Hels for organising this challenge week in, week out and I don't always get to play but when I do it's great to stretch your imagination within the limits of the theme.

hugs

jo
xx

8 comments:

  1. ...wow...you've put together an amazing piece of work, so many techniques and all in my favourite colour too...I'm so impressed by what you do Jo...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mel, thank you for the lovely comment. I hadn't realised that I had put so many techniques in but you're right! When I did my food and nutrition O level you had to include as many techniques as you could (boiling, baking, pastry, sauces etc) perhaps it's a subliminal thing harking back to that!

      Delete
  2. That is so beautiful, love the colour, love all the techniques...gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is superb!! I love it.. it's beautiful. Missed you today, sorry your rugby trip wasn't as happy as our day at AP and also Liverpool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oohallllaaaaaa.... love it loads Jo... tis a treat to the eyes with all those details! thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x (missed ya today x)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always I'm speechless! It looks amazing and I love the blues. I wonder if the sticklers add a little ethereal glow? I bet they do! Sorry about the rugby - I had a glass of wine last night in commiseration for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How is it you always catch my eye with colors that are not my first choice! all this declination of blue is awesome and the layers you combined make it look like sheer yumminess. sigh... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, pure gorgeousness.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!