Tuesday 3 April 2012

Works outing

I kid you not this has taken me over two weeks to finish, it was supposed to be an entry in a challenge (Sunday Stamper - misting) but "missed" the deadline!

8x8 blue card stock with some Beach Hut Fresco Finish painted then sprayed in various green inks including some shimmery ones.  On the right had edge I sprayed some blue inks but they were just too heavy, so rummaged in the fibres box and found some white and blue silk weavers waste so sewed that on with some blue/ green shimmery ribbon.  

The bottles from this PaperArtsy plate were repeatedly stamped using Aquamarine Archival.

The tag was painted in Ice Blue and Beach Hut Fresco Finish paint and the circles were added using denim colourwash spray. Our esteemed  gentleman from this PaperArtsy plate were stamped in Ultramarine Archival. edges distressed and Walnut ink round the edges.

That's how it stayed until this morning when I added the felt, green ribbon and buttons  and added some splodges of Bundled Sage Distress Stain.

So why works outing as a title?  

Well I went out on a sort of works outing on Friday night ( a rugby do) with a lot of smartly dressed gentlemen and the number of bottles on our table at the end of the evening sort of matched the background to this.  Needless to say I could have also called it "Never Again" if you get my drift or the "East Maudsley Temperance Society Annual Outing"

hugs
jo
xx

3 comments:

  1. It was worth finishing! Hope the hangover went eventually! Love those colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! I love this! I love the underwater feel which mirrors how you are the next day! You know how much I love your layering and yet again you prove you are the queen of all things layered! Much and never ending admiration x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Helen & Gabrielle said. :) It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!