Sunday 11 January 2015

Fragile Papers

The theme this week over at PaperArtsy is fragile papers, all that texture, all that age, all that yumminess.

Its is fair to say I have quite a bit of fragile paper knocking around in the craft room at Chez Myhill (ask my husband and he'll say there is quite a lot of other stuff knocking around in the craft room as well), so this should be relatively easy.

And do you know what, for once it was, no angst ridden: is this working, I'm not sure, go way and think about it for a bit.  No it was wham bam, paint, dry, distress, staple stick!

I started off with a manila tag and added a coat of Cinnamon fresco paint.  A layer of crackle and then Dolly Mix on top with a paint brush to get thinnish cracks.   In Magenta Hue Archival Ink I stamped the text ( I think its upside down!) from Hot Picks 1304 all over. Flicked watered down Cinnamon and Eggplant mixed with Amethyst over it for age spots and finally edged in Vintage Photo Distress Ink after scuffing and roughing up the edges.

For the focal point I've built up layers of fragile paper starting on the top with some handmade paper that my Mum had used in her art course eons ago.  Part of her final year show was themed around family history and this scrap of paper had the marriage year of her parents George and Daisy on it.  Carefully painted the reverse with Amethyst and Eggplant ripped it apart and stapled it back togetther again.

The middle layer is some Crunchy wax paper that has been scrunched and torn.

The bottom layer is an old book page with an accession stamp on it from a discarded poetry book from my library.  

To finish off some ripped cotton, a chipboard flower, button and ribbon. I then glued onto a piece of corrugated card and then stuck in my spare paint art journal (basically any spare paint on the brush or cut and dry I just open a page in the book and paint it on).

Hugs
Jo
xx




4 comments:

  1. Love the effect of the age spots, noticed them on your sneaky peek earlier. Colours are really original, perfect "marriage" of all the parts....pun intended. Fabulous darling! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, and what a lovely thing to have from your Mum - that must be where you get your creative side from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the vintage look of this tag! The colours work really well together too. George and Daisy - now those are proper vintage names too! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!