Sunday 4 January 2015

Raspberry Ripple


It may be the new year, but winter is definitely stating its arrival.  Its white here this morning not from snow, but frost and fog. I think when Ive written this post I need to go for a walk in he woods and crunch around the firs (anything to avoid the ironing)

In winter I tend to turn my hands to more textile stuff, yarn and fabric.  This Christmas break I've finished my Mums granny square blanket, completed my patchwork lap quilt (for goodness sakes don't look at the stitching, I haven't machine quilted in ages and we have some right wonky lines) re-edged a crochet square lap quilt that was annoying me and started and finished this in the space of three days.

Oh this makes me happy, the colour, the texture (chunky knobbly aran yarn) and the fact that I made the pattern up with alternate rows of double and treble stitches using a largish crochet hook.I got the inspiration from one of my favourite bloggers Lucy from Attic24 especially her recent cosy strip blanket.


Sitting in front of the TV, catching up on the whole of Downton Abbey and Scott and Bailey wrapping yarn round a hook, pulling it through loops and watching the scarf (well to be honest its more of a wrap because its so long) grow was, well a good way to spend a couple of days.

Hugs
Jo
xx

3 comments:

  1. The colour is yummy, can see why you enjoy yarn and sewing projects in the winter. Must have felt good designing it yourself too!

    Enjoy your cruchy walk, that must mean your ankle is ok which is fab news:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! Have a great walk in the crunchy woods, nothing better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!