Saturday, 20 November 2010


Yet again it's foggy morning both literally outside and in my head. I've been slowly succumbing to the cold that's been poking me all week, hence the day off yesterday to "rest" but I think this morning it may have settled in, and made itself comfortable in my head, throat,nose and chest - hence the fogginess.
Don't worry I'm serving an eviction notice as we speak, well I type and you might read at some point!

I had quite a nice day yesterday pottering around in my house, tidying up my craft room, listening to radio 4, annoying the cats and tweeting with my virtual buddies. Shame I have to go to work the rest of the time in order to pay for the stash that lives in my craft room.

Once I'd managed to shove it (the stash) all back in the cupboards and boxes I got on with my "commission" When I say commission it was more a case of "Jo, can you make a thank you card for the director of the play what I am acting in this week?" from my husband.

So, I saw the play on Thursday night and very good it was to, an adaption of Blackadder Goes forth, adapted by husband and starring husband as Edmund (I don't have two husbands just one - he is quite talented but don't tell him I told you).

One of the props is a map, and the co-directors had great fun on ebay sourced authentic material such as this linen map. Anyway I thought I'd make a card that worked like a fold out map so that everyone had enough space to write their comments.

I took 12x12 card sheet and scored it in half horizontally (I had to to a hand movement then to remind myself which way horizontally goes, I will have to do the same when I type vertically) and then at 4" intervals scored it vertically (I did it - the hand movement). I then cut two pieces of mount board 6x4 to make the front and back covers. After lots of folding I worked out where the mount board covers would stick to act as covers and allow the map to fold out.

Then I started painting and stamping. I used a blue and a lovely teal acrylic to paint the mount board and watered down teal to paint the inside bit. The inside bit (see told you brain was foggy) was stamped in lettuce with a couple of old favourite Paperartsy swirly curly scrolls.

The mount board had the swirly tree image from the Paperartsy set embossed on the front in an aqua minty blue mica powder. Glued everything and then edged with a bit of gold inka to give it that faded antique opulent look. Hopefully it does the job and I really like the tree on the front especially with a tiny bit of inka rubbed over the top.

When I finished I even tidied up and put everything away - it won't last.

Right need to eat some breakfast and then off to Olney for haircuts and shock horror I probably (notice the use of probably) won't be popping in to LB Crafts as I normally do - only because I went last week!
Edited: nope couldn't resist, I popped in and spent a littl bit of money ...


  1. Hi, Jo-- still reading you from Johannesburg, South Africa-- enjoyed this one. Lovely "Map Card" and nicely written.

  2. Hi Jennifer - thanks for reading and liking what I do. It gives me a nice warm glow(especially on this chilly morning in the UK -4.5!) to think this blogging stuff reaches out across the world.



Thanks for leaving a comment!