Sunday, 28 November 2010

Wreathy nice!

I had this idea for ages to make a wreath using a hobbycraft twig wreath and loads of flowers using lots of different textures - I could see it in my brain but could I translate that into the real thing?

Well I think I did - take a look.

Obviously you can't see into my brain (I sincerely hope not there are some thoughts in there that at I do not want out in the public domain - trust me) but I'm pretty well darned please with the result.

So what did I do?

Well last weekend I spent the Sunday die cutting out loads of PaperArtsy flowers from loads of different papers, card and metal. I wanted a really classy pale neutral colour range to go with the twig wreath so it was all gold and pearl metal, cream linen card, corrugated card, vellum's and some suitable brown cream patterned paper from the stash. The poor old Big Shot was working flat out cranking out those beauties!

Then in the week I started decorating all those lovely flowers. Everything was either embossed in a folder or heat embossed with a pearl or gold embossing powder or stamped with different script and music stamps using pumice, and lake mist inks.

Today I started cutting the flowers, shaping them and sticking them together in towers ala ArtsyCrafty weekend style using my mini glue gun. Didn't get too stuck up or burnt off skin this time!

Finally I started adding them to the wreath, I knew I didn't want to cover all off it and I knew I wanted to try and add height by over laying flower stacks on top of each other and have them coming "off" the ring. Tied some ribbon into bows and voila a rather nice Christmas type wreath.

I have plenty of flowers left so I'm going to make a second one!

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!!! WOW this is just gorgeous JO, I love the colours too!! Stunning



Thanks for leaving a comment!